Categories: Uncategorized | Posted: June 12, 2012
Konter Quality Homes is extremely excited to announce new homes currently being constructed in two wonderful new neighborhoods.
Tabby Village is a small enclave of traditional low country style homes nestled at the gateway to beautiful Isle of Hope. With only 4 home sites remaining, you want to act quickly to secure your spot in this wonderful family oriented neighborhood.
South Oaks Place is located on the Hwy 17 corridor convenient to both Fort Stewart and HAAF as well as just down the road from all the wonderful services offered in the Berwick area. Konter Quality Homes excited to announce the opening of 21 home sites including lake view home sites as large a 1/2 an acre.
For more information on either of these new neighborhoods or any of Konter’s other award winning neighborhoods please visit our website @ www.konterhomes.com
Categories: Uncategorized | Posted: November 29, 2011
Safety in your home is always important, and the Holiday time is no exception.
Many of us are decorating with electric lights for the holidays and the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) recently published these safety tips and links for additional information. We want to encourage everyone to enjoy the holidays while keeping safe.
Electrical Safety Tips:
To ensure that your holiday season is safe from electrical hazards, follow these safety tips:
- Before decorating, read and follow the manufacturers’ instructions for installation and maintenance of all decorative electrical products.
- Indoors and out, use lights and other electrical decorations certified by a recognized independent testing laboratory, such as CSA, UL, or ETL.
- Outdoors, use lights and other electrical decorations certified for outdoor use.
- Carefully inspect each decoration before plugging into an outlet.
- Cracked, frayed, loose or bare wires, and loose connections may cause a serious electrical shock or start a fire. Replace damaged items.
- Do not connect more than three light strings together.
- Light strings with screw-in bulbs should have no more than 50 bulbs connected together.
Konter Quality Homes wishes you a safe and wonderful Holiday season.
Categories: Uncategorized | Posted: November 10, 2011
September produced an encouraging new home sales report as single family home sales rose 5.7%.
“Today’s report highlights the gradual improvement in housing market conditions that is becoming evident in certain pockets of the country, as consumers who can surmount very restrictive lending standards to qualify for a favorable mortgage rate seize on this opportunity to buy,” said Bob Nielsen, chairman of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and a home builder from Reno, Nev. “The latest numbers also reveal that first-time buyers are driving the new-homes market right now, as evidenced by the volume of lower-priced, entry-level homes under contract. It’s worth noting that these consumers are very dependent upon federal policies and programs that support home ownership, such as the mortgage interest deduction and low-down payment mortgage options that have been threatened by recent government proposals.”
This is encouraging data when viewed along side the estimate that there were only 163,000 units for sale in September. Based on the current rate of new home sales this represents only a 6.2 month supply of new homes nationwide.
Konter Quality Homes is prepared to be the Savannah area’s continuing voice for quality and service in this continually improving housing market.
Categories: Uncategorized | Posted: June 30, 2011
The Washington Post has an interesting column today regarding a poll conducted this week to gauge American’s view on housing. Interestingly, a large majority of those polled view homes as a good long term investment, and still strive towards a goal of home ownership. You can read the column here.
Konter Quality Homes is the Savannah area’s premier neighborhood developer and new home builder. Visit our website at www.konterhomes.com
Categories: Uncategorized | Posted: May 16, 2011
Konter Quatlity Homes wins GuildQuality’s 2011 Guildmaster Award
Savannah, GA 5/16/11
Konter Quality Homes, a leading homebuilder in Savannah, GA, announced today that the company has been awarded a 2011 Guildmaster Award for exceptional customer satisfaction. Konter Quality Homes was one of 154 home builders, remodelers, developers and contractors throughout North America recognized for their superlative performance.
“We at Konter Quality Homes are very honored and proud to be awarded the prestigious 2011Guildmaster Award.”
~Mark Konter- Vice President
About Konter Quality Homes
Founded by Jerry Konter in 1977 Konter Quality Homes continues a family tradition of over 50 years in the Savannah Real Estate industry. Our longevity is anchored by three generations of Konters, each with a total commitment to our customer’s satisfaction.
North America’s best builders, remodelers, contractors and real estate developers rely on GuildQuality’s customer satisfaction surveying to help them monitor and improve the quality of their service.
About the Guildmaster Awards
Once a year, GuildQuality recognizes exceptional customer service with the Guildmaster Awards. Visit the Guildmaster section of the GuildQuality website to see information about all 2011 Award Winners and read about the award qualifications.
For more information, visit www.guildquality.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: Uncategorized | Posted: March 29, 2011
The 30th annual Southern Home Show is almost here! The event takes place April 1st-3rd at the Savannah International Trade and Convention Center and Konter Quality Homes is proud to be a participant. The Southern Home Show is coastal Georgia’s premier event showcasing builder, re-modelers, and contractors. This year’s event is dedicated to the military and all active duty military get in free with ID.
The show also includes a military fashion show, celebrity kitchen featuring 5 of Savannah’s most loved chefs, and an encore performance by Dancing with Savannah Stars paticipants.
For more information of the show please visit www.homebuildersofsavannah.com.
Categories: Uncategorized | Posted: March 20, 2011
Rock an Roll Marathon, the premier marathon event in the country is coming to Savannah!! Beautiful Savannah GA will host the exciting event on November 5th.If you like to run, make your plans now to experience the intrigue and ambiance of the city while running to the beat of rock, country, jazz and blues.
Free concerts will run all day during both the 1/2 and full marathon as well after the event is complete.
For more information see: http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/savannah#ixzz1HAmrs2el
Categories: Uncategorized | Posted: January 27, 2011
Contracts for pending sales of previously owned homes rose faster than expected in December after the prior month’s sales were revised lower, data from a real estate trade group said Thursday.
The National Association of Realtors Pending Home Sales Index, based on contracts signed in December, was up 2 percent to 93.7 from a downwardly revised reading of 91.9 in November.
Economists polled by Reuters had expected pending home sales to rise by 1.0 percent.
The index has risen in five of the last six months, though it is still 4.2 percent lower than the 97.8 level of a year ago.
Lawrence Yun, the association’s chief economist, said the latest figures suggest sales activity is close to what he called a healthy level above 5 million units annually.
“Modest gains in the labor market and the improving economy are creating a more favorable backdrop for buyers,” Yun said.*
content courtesy of CNBC.com
Categories: Uncategorized | Posted: December 17, 2010
Christmas lights are beautiful and much safer than candles, but all that electricity can cause problems if not used properly.
Christmas lights can get hot enough to burn or ignite other decorations. The cords can fray, leading to a short. Decorating with lights often requires the use of a ladder, and improper use could lead to an injury. Practice ladder safety when you are putting up Christmas lights.
When you put up Christmas lights this season – or holiday lights during any season – be sure to follow these Christmas light safety tips.
- Choose Christmas lights that have been tested and deemed safe by a reputable testing laboratory, the best are UL or ETL. Christmas lights listed as safe by these laboratories will note that on the packaging.
- Try to use the cooler-burning “mini” Christmas lights as opposed to the traditional larger bulbs. The older style burns much hotter.
- Only use Christmas lights that have fuses in the plugs.
- Inspect each set of Christmas lights – old or new – for damage. Return or throw out any set with cracked or broken sockets, frayed or bare wires, or loose connections.
- Replace burned out bulbs promptly with bulbs of the same wattage.
- Never hang Christmas lights on a metal tree. The tree can become charged with electricity and shock someone. The tree can also short out the Christmas lights and cause a fire.
- Want Christmas lights outdoors? Use outdoor Christmas lights. The packaging will note whether the lights can be used indoors, outdoors, or both.
- All outdoor electrical decorations should be plugged into a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). You can buy portable units for outdoor use, or you can have them permanently installed by an electrician.
- Use extension cords properly. Outdoor cords can be used inside or outside. Do not overload extension cords – they can get hot enough to burn.
- Stay away from powerlines or feeder lines (these go from the pole to the house).
- Secure outside Christmas lights with insulated holders (never use tacks or nails) or run strings of lights through hooks.
- When you leave or go to bed at night, turn off your Christmas lights.
- Never pull on a string of Christmas lights, it stresses the cords and can lead to fraying. Store Christmas lights loosely wrapped for the same reason.
United States. CPSC. CPSC Announces Holiday Season Decorating Safety Tips. Washington, DC: Office of Information and Public Affairs 13 Dec 2004
Categories: Uncategorized | Posted: October 5, 2010
Congradulations to Konter Quality Homes team members, Mark Konter, Jerry Konter, and Alicia Tomkinson on being elected to the board of directors of the Home Builders Association of Greater Savannah.
Mark Konter elected to serve as the 2010-2011 treasurer for the Home Builders Association of Greater Savannah, is a principal in Konter Quality Homes and has been an active participant in the Savannah home building market for over 4 years.
Jerry Konter the President of Konter Quality Homes was elected as a life national director. Jerry is also currently serving as the National Area Chairman for the Georgia and North Carolina region with the National Association of Home Builders. Jerry’s 33 year involvement with the local, state, and national Home Builder’s organizations have earned him many distinctions and awards including multiple hall of fame awards and builder of the year awards. Jerry currently sits on the National Association of Home Builders executive committee, and has previously served as the National Land Development chairman, as well as president of both the Georgia, and Savannah home builders associations.
Alicia Tomkinson a sales associate for Konter Quality Homes was elected as the chairperson for the Sales and Marketing council of the Home Builders Association of Greater Savannah.