First Time Homebuyer
"I CAN'T BUY A HOUSE BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BUY ONE."
Let's hold that for a second and follow this train of thought to its logical conclusion in terms of your development. "I can't leave my crib because I don't know how to walk." I can't ride my bike because I don't know how to ride." I can't get a job because I don't know how to work." I can't buy a house because I don't know how to buy one." Truth is, if you never learned anything new, you would never have found this web site.
Plan For The Future
A home is not only a place to live and raise children, it is your plan for the future, an investment in the area you choose to live in and it is a financial asset.
Knowledge is power, a road map and a door opener when it comes to buying a home. To become a first time homebuyer, you will need to know where to and how to begin the entire first time home buying process. WE CAN HELP!
Owning verses Renting
Let's first take a good look at owning verses renting. Think for a moment about the last time you completed a loan application to buy a new car, furniture or just applying for a credit card. As sure as the application asks for your name, address and social security number, it asks if you own or rent your home. Do you think you know why? Here's why…homeownership shows stability and establishment. Renting only means one thing, your housing is temporary!!
Consider this: Buying versus Renting
- You have a great tax write off
- Your housing expense may never change
- You can decorate and make physical changes and enjoy your home as you see fit
- You may build equity as your home appreciates in value
- Your house will become a home, not a temporary situation
- No tax write off
- Your rent can go up at any time
- You must get permission to make changes
- No equity build up
- Your living situation is always temporary
RENTING IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR WEALTH!!
- Monthly Payment
- After 3 Years
- After 4 Years
WHY ARE YOU STILL RENTING?
Here are some very common questions asked by first time home buyers:
- How do I know I am ready to buy a home?
- How do I begin the home buying process?
- How can I determine my housing needs before I begin the process?
- Why should I buy instead of renting? (Already answered this one!)
- Can I buy a home if my credit is less than good and I don't have much money as a down payment?
- How much money will I need to buy a home?
- How do I know if I can get a loan?
- How do I find a lender?
- What is a closing and what takes place at one?
Here is a selection of real estate terms that you will need to be familiar with while going through the home buying process:
- Annual Percentage Rate
- Closing and closing costs
- Credit report
- Down payment
- Earnest Money
- Loan to value ratio
- Purchase & Sale Agreement
- Pre Qualifying
Let Us Help!
As you can see, the home buying process is more than a Sunday afternoon drive, looking for neighborhoods, Model homes and open houses.
We can help! With over 40 years of building homes in the Savannah area and 55 years in real estate brokerage, our professional staff members can guide you through the first time home buying process. We can answer all of your questions in a comprehensive manner, with no obligation to you.
Want to know more? Simply click on the Contact Us icon and complete the information form and submit it to us. Be sure to click on First Time Buyer Program. One of our professional staff will then make contact with you.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best as you proceed through the first time home buying process.